Based largely at the Woodbridge offices, but you will be required to work at our partner offices in Lowestoft.
Suffolk Coastal District Council and Waveney District Council are leading the way when it comes to working in partnership and are committed to improving the quality of life for everyone living in, working in, and visiting east Suffolk. Our councils are an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people's lives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Audit Manager to lead a team delivering our modern Internal Audit Service. This service is delivered to a number of partner authorities in the Audit partnership, including Suffolk Coastal District Council, Waveney District Council and Ipswich Borough Council. You will be required to act as deputy to the Head of Internal Audit, assisting in the operational management of a range of Internal Audit and Fraud investigation services.
The key responsibilities of this post will include:
- championing best practice in governance, controls and risk management and making effective recommendations for change and improvement
- managing and coaching teams according to the performance framework and policies and procedures in place across the councils
- facilitating a programme of continuous improvement that ensures the service is provided in line with the expectations and needs of all stakeholders
- demonstrating a proactive approach to dealing with emerging corporate governance or fraud issues
- developing, encouraging and maintaining effective communications across the Partnerships.
You must be CCAB qualified or equivalent, with comprehensive management experience and a proven track record in Audit management and Fraud management at a senior level.
In return, we can offer great opportunities for training and development. We want you to stay with us for the long term, so we will give you all the support we can to build a great career with our organisation. There is also a superb benefits package including flexible working options and purpose built brand new office accommodation, as well as a generous leave entitlement, pension scheme and free car parking.
For an informal discussion, please call Siobhan Martin, Head of Internal Audit on (01394) 444254.
Closing date: 1pm, 2 March 2017.
Interview date: w/c 13 March 2017.